Created Date: May 14, 2013
Category: Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2013
Minutes for Tuesday, May 14/2013
Meeting held in Kinsmen Pavilion at Richmond Nature Park, 7:30 PM
There was a full house present.
The president, Brian Campbell, welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm
- Motion made to accept the April minutes. Motion seconded.
- the “newbees” were introduced and each gave their connection and interest in bee keeping.
- Brian reminded everyone about the June 15th field day/ picnic to be held at Alex Kurnicki’s house at address redacted for web publishing.
- We will have the wiener wagon and suggested that everyone bring their own plates, cutlery and cups.
- We asked for and received two volunteers to help with the set up & take down and organizing.
- Eric Crosby reminded everyone about the planned Skookum Bee Workshops.
- Five different workshops have been confirmed and the cost is $30/ workshop, all information is on the BCbees listserv and in the newsletter.
- Stephanie spoke about signing up for the listserv and people can talk to her about signing up.
- After a coffee break and draw for door prizes, David Macdonald gave a talk on beekeeping adventures in Haiti. He is organizing a not for profit society to assist Haitians to become self – sustainable beekeepers; Hives for Haiti.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:00
- The next meeting will be the field day on June 15th