September 12, 2016
Minutes for: September 12, 2016
Meeting Start time: 7:41pm
Total # of people in Attendance: 61 New Bees: 4
Opening Remarks by Tim Monaghan:
- Introduction of the newbees and a few brief words
Treasurers Report by Miriam Soet:
- We have $5400 in our account, with a $4000 loan made to the BCHPA to cover cost of the convention preparation. This will be reimbursed one the conference is over.
- Minutes from May 9, our last meeting, an ask was made if any corrections are required, with no show of hands minute from May 9, 2016 are approved.
- Website: The website has been put on the backburner until after the AGM in mid October.
- Logo: We will be distributing 3 samples of the new logo so we can choose as a club which one we want. This will happen after the AGM.
- A brief introduction of the BCHPA AGM by Tim, occurring Oct 13,14,15 and 16th.
Jeff Lee, BCHPA Vice President, discussed the layout and speakers of the AGM. He also gave a big thank you to the RBA for organizing the event. This years AGM will be a 2 day education running Saturday and Sunday for workshops. It will focus on the hobbyist, serious sideliners and some commercial.
Tim Monaghan encouraged all members to contribute to the AGM. We need bottles of wine for the wine wall, jars of honey for the honey wall and volunteers for a variety of positions during the conference. Wine and honey can be brought to the next meeting. We can potentially raise $10,000 for the club. We are also in need of silent auction items, please contact the executive to let us know what you can bring.
Fiona Gold discussed the volunteer positions and asked those that can help to sign up on the sheets on the wall. If you volunteer for 6-8 hours you get free registration & lunches. Please contact Fiona if you have any questions.
We need hives for the function for display purposes including:
- Flow hive
- Top Bar
These will be displayed in the lobby area of the convention.
Tickets for the BCHPA AGM can be purchased online through eventbrite, or at the event. Our goal is to have 175-200 people at the education days. So far 35% of tickets have been sold.
Tim Monaghan made another quick reminder prior to the break to please bring honey and wine to the next meeting.
Speaker tonight was Brian Campbell who gave a very informative and interesting talk on wasps.
Meeting wrapped up at 9:30pm