Minutes for March 12, 2019
The Richmond Beekeepers Association
Minutes March 12, 2019
Meeting held in Kinsmen Pavilion at Richmond Nature Park, 7:30 pm
There were about 50 people in attendance.
- Welcome and introduction of Newbees
- There were 2 “Newbees” in attendance.
- February 2019 minutes
- Motion to approve the February 2019 minutes. Moved, seconded,
- Swarm list.
- Eric Crosby and Laura Zazzara will run the swarm list this year. Laura spoke about the sign up process. You can sign up by contacting Laura or Eric at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . The purpose of the list is to serve the community. About 10 folks raised their hands to show interest in joining the list. Alan explained the importance of getting to swarms as quickly as possible to alleviate public concerns about bees. RBA membership also advised in the survey that they wanted to know how the swarm season and swarm catching process unfolded, who was involved etc. There is a waiver to be signed to join the swarm list which serves to protect RBA. Julia suggested handing a small jar of honey to the person who reported the swarm to “keep them sweet”.
- Bee buddy.
- Barbara Forster-Rickard is coordinating the Bee Buddy/Mentoring program. Alan suggested at coffee break attendees may converse with each other in their respective municipalities.
- Member sign up.
- Barbara Rokeby asked members to renew their membership at the coffee break.
- Coffee Break.
- At 7:45 pm followed by Raffle including top bar hive donated by Brian Campbell.
- Speaker Scott Gordon at 8:30.
- Scott spoke and took questions on medications and pest management.
- Meeting adjourned: 9:20 pm
Bees and Beers, March 26th
Regular meeting, April 9th