Minutes May 14, 2019
Meeting held in Kinsmen Pavilion at Richmond Nature Park, 7:30 pm
There were about 55 people in attendance.
- Welcome and introduction of Newbees
- There was 1 “Newbee” in attendance.
- Treasurer’s report
- $9,200 in bank. $90 petty cash. $220 taken in memberships. $262 in raffle takings.
- Barb asked members for suggestions for use of our funds. Suggestions included a workshop on Slovenian hives or making hives from scratch and preparing for honey tasting competitions.
- Upcoming events
- Jonathan reminded us that the Field Day is coming up.
- Jean reminded us of the upcoming Bees and Beers.
- Mentor program
- Barb Forster-Rickards asked for volunteers as some newer beekeepers are still looking for mentors.
- April 2019 minutes
- Motion to approve the April 2019 minutes.
- Coffee break, raffle
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Honey Testing – Peter Awram
- Guest speaker, Peter Awram, PhD gave a presentation on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Honey Testing.
- Meeting adjourned: 9:20 pm
Bees and Beers, 6;30pm May 28th, El Santo, New Westminster
Field Day, 10:00 am June 9, Campbell’s Gold Honey Farm
Regular meeting September 10th.
PS: Please assist in cleaning up after the meeting.
Contributions to the coffee table either by baked goods or donations are very much appreciated!