February 10, 2015
Minutes for Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Meeting held in Kinsmen Pavilion at Richmond Nature Park, 7:30 PM
Annual General Meeting
There were 66 people present.
The president, Amanda Goodman Lee, welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm
- Welcome : Opening Remarks and Introduction by Amanda Goodman Lee
- to approve minutes of the November meeting (January meeting was cancelled)
- motion made by Jeff Lee, seconded by Steve Bayley
- Darlene is once again so kindly organizing the Iotron run. It will now be done 4 times a year. We are joining with other clubs to get the numbers to where they need to be to meet all run requirements. You can visit the Richmond beekeepers association website for more info on this. Our first run will be Feb 27, everything dropped off between Feb 23-26
- Mark Winston
- Surrey bee club will have Mark Winston speaking, this meeting is held at the Honey Bee Center on 176th
- Packaged Bees:
- Bob Fisher from West Coast Bee Supplies will have packaged bees on March 4th and 11th.
- Lindsay Dault from Urban Bee Supplies will have packaged bees on March 4th and April 1st.
- Contact either for more information.
- BCHPA Semi Annual Meeting
- This years meeting will be held in Kamloops on March 12-14 at the Holiday Inn and Suites. There are many highlights including Melanie Kirby from Zia Queenbee Co. of New Mexico talking about Queen Breeding.
- Langley Funny Farm
- Julia Common spoke about the Langley funny Farm and that they are looking for an instructor for their Youth course, please contact John Gibeau at the Honey Bee Centre if your interested.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Funds in account at the end of month…$8046.00
- Jeff Lee Moved report.
- 2015 AGM Nominations and Highlights
- This year our beloved Lianne Shyry stepped down from the executive, after many years of service she will be missed. Thank you Lianne!
- Hugh called upon any members that would wish to run in the executive, and there were no volunteers.
- Running for new Vice President is Tim Monaghan
- Tim Monaghan nominated Eric Crosby to be a member at large
- Second call for nominations was made
- Third Call for nominations
- Election Closed
- Final Standings for Executive are as follows
- President: Amanda Goodman Lee
- Vice President: Tim Monaghan
- Treasurer: Miriam Soet
- Secretary: Lindsay Dault
- Communications: Stephanie Imhoff
- Member at large: Carolynn Parr
- Member at large: Eric Crosby
- Coffee Break & Raffle
- Presentation: Sarah Common from Hives For Humanity
- Sarah gave a great presentation about the amazing work that Hives for Humanity has done downtown Vancouver.
- Motion to Adjourn: 9:18pm… Carried
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 10, 2015